Saturday, May 15, 2010

Song of the Flock ~ Natives

Beneath the shredded mountain
One thousand shadows

I want to be one of them
Welcomed to the threatened flock

I bring humbleness to your soil
I ask you

Brush me into where I feel you
Without hope to follow the endless truths that lead me here

I only knew you as your solemn you
I only saw you through my mind

Read your words through the filter of time
One thousand feathers fastened to your flock

I cannot feel your pain
It was so long ago

But I feel the earth you felt
I listen to your songs

Assumptions dwindle in your absence
The man we never knew tells our story

I am like that man
Clumsy in words and ways

Here I am sheltered by the mountain shadows
Same as you

1 comment:

Lottie Lynn said...

I really like those last four lines. Beautiful!