Friday, August 7, 2009

Depression Day

Today my heart is drained

the pain

has yet to fade

my eyes are a weary

lifeless

weed upon the spade

My hair

a grey drapery

My wrists a sorry shelter from hail

that beats through my sundrenched frame

And in this fashion

I sit

from sun to shade to sun to dusk

High hopes for tomorrow

a new page

A full heart

with fresh sores

A refreshment for the new pain

How so easily torn down

this tired mess

How the slightest bite

can burn down my parade

...and this is where my cat finds me

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And her kindness stays

and plays

and paws

And asks me to get up and be her muse

and run and jump out for her

and not care

and laugh

and be glad

and feel

slightly more spritely

my heart so brightly and wildly

in love

with the kindness that protrudes 

1 comment:

Minima Sapala said...

I've had many a day like this. It feels like all your skin's been peeled off and you're totally raw to the world.

But I also have a cat. Gifts from the Gods to humans so that we forget to take ourselves so seriously. :)