Thursday, August 6, 2009

Twisted

A rocky road
she wound herself around
the metal
and the pills she found

Under the table her and I
blind

until the car stopped on the rocky road
at some point in the darkness
as the shadow came upon us
you rubbed your hands

I stared and swallowed down
angry walls that was your womb
until it felt like swimming in a pool of holidays
but I could see your mother still
fists pounding
as pills dropped through the midnight sky
hidden by their parachutes

and you traced every word with your beauty
your lover as he was
your life
where he had never been
and so you touched him and he turned to gold

grown
stark
naked
tumbling into your own flesh
she waited
just after dark
to begin the long journey
and to find me at the end, sobbing

But I must have dreamt you had not been this way before
the midnight ride
and with little more she snuck into my eyes
such a sweet child
but the pain burned like knives

1 comment:

Minima Sapala said...

Such wonderful imagery. I saw a dark winding road, an eerie sky raining pills, a bloody womb.

Reminded me of David Lynch's movies. I LOVE David Lynch. Like you, he is also not afraid of pushing the envelope in the reader/viewers's mind!

Brilliant work.